Friday, May 11, 2012

BC Homeschool Convention & Expo

For all of you who are new to home education (like me), or are even just considering home educating, I wanted to let you know about an event coming up soon. (Of course, those of you who are seasoned home educators are also welcome, but I figured you would already know about the convention.)

The BC Homeschool Association puts on a Homeschool Convention & Expo every year. This year it will be held at the Tradex in Abbostford, BC on Friday June 1st and Saturday June 2nd. The cost to attend is $15 per adult per day, and kids are FREE.

I have never attended this event before, but according to their website, there will be different speakers giving seminars on a variety of topics (check out the schedule for details), exhibitors with many different home-learning products and services, and a free kid zone. It looks like a great event, and SO affordable! You can register online.

As I said, I have never been before, so I think I am most looking forward to meeting other parents who share my educational philosophy. From what I've read, networking with other home educators is so important, especially when first starting out on this journey. It will be great to hear from people who have been doing this for a while; maybe I can pick up some pointers!

If you are planning on going, leave me a comment. It would be great to meet up with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment